** Important Update – from Saturday 24th October Sheffield will be placed in Tier 3 lockdown measures. The Tier 3 restrictions apply across South Yorkshire, including Sheffield, Doncaster, Rotherham, and Barnsley. While you can still move home and use removal companies, you will need to take extra care. For the latest South Yorkshire information you can visit the official Gov.uk website. **
With the recent announcement that Sheffield will be placed under Tier 2 restrictions, we’re taking a closer look at what this means for people living in Sheffield and whether it affects your ability to move house.
Currently, there is a three tier lockdown system, based on “medium”, “high” and “very high” alert levels.
The Tier 2 category has been placed in Sheffield as a response to a relatively high infection rate and rise in patients being treated for coronavirus in Yorkshire hospitals.
What does this mean for people living in Sheffield?
New rules under Tier 2 restrictions:
- No mixing of different households in private homes
- You can meet up with people from other households outdoors as long as social distancing is in place
- Pubs and bars are to remain open
Can I still move house under Tier 2 restrictions?
Despite the new lockdown restrictions, you should still be able to move house in and around Sheffield.
Here are our top tips for moving house in Sheffield with the current restrictions in place:
We recommend doing remote house viewings via video wherever possible.
If you’re moving in or out with the help of a removals company in Sheffield, then there are a few simple things you can do to minimise the risk of you or the movers getting infected:
- Leave windows and doors open for easy, no-contact access
- Wear a mask
- Sanitise your hands
- Keep 2 metres apart
- Keep the removals company informed if you or anyone you have been in close contact with has symptoms of the virus.
Postpone house-warming parties
For many, moving to a new house is exciting and once you’ve unpacked everything you may want to invite friends, family, and new neighbours over to celebrate. However, under the current restrictions in Sheffield you are not allowed to mix with people from other households indoors. So, while it may be frustrating, we recommend postponing any house-warming gatherings for a later date.
At Hallam Removals in Sheffield we understand that a lot of people moving house in Sheffield and the surrounding areas will be concerned about the virus and the new restrictions. That’s why we closely follow all the latest guidelines to keep our customers safe.
What we’re doing to keep you safe:
- We’re currently working in small teams and the same movers work together each time to avoid unnecessary mingling.
- Any movers displaying even the mildest of symptoms are kept at home to quarantine.
- Wherever possible, we wear masks, socially distance, and sanitise our hands.